Adding A Little Magic To Your Next Trade Show – 9 Good Reasons For Hiring A Mentalist.
If you’re thinking of attending a trade show or exhibition you’ll want to make maximum impact.
So, maybe it’s time you thought about recruiting the services of a mentalist to make sure you get maximum bang for your buck.
One of the most common and most cost-effective ways for companies to put their goods or services in front of potential clients is via a trade show.
In all sorts of industries, the trade show is seen as a vital part of the marketing mix, providing either direct sales or leads for future contacts that can be absolutely invaluable.
But let’s assume that you signed up for the next trade show within your category sector.
You’ve arranged for the stand to be dressed professionally, and now you’re faced with the task of doing something different.
What will make you stand out from the countless other companies who’ll be there alongside you, looking for their slice of the action?
Increasingly, hiring a professional mentalist is seen as a brilliant way to break through the clutter, and to make sure that YOURS is the product or service that’s best remembered afterwards.
Choosing this form of corporate entertainer has a number of benefits, but here are some of the most common that I’ve discovered from my own personal experience.
- Attendees at the typical trade show will see dozens of stands throughout the day. But if you were to talk to them the next day, how many of them would they remember? To make sure that your brand or your product or service stands out in their mind, you have to make sure that something memorable happened at your stand – something that had them talking to their friends and family the next day.
- A lot of people who turn up for a trade show do so as part of their working week. So they tend to be ‘double jobbing’ – taking care of things back in the office via their smartphone while simultaneously looking to find out what’s happening in their industry – and what suppliers can best help them to achieve their objectives. If you can do anything to jolt them out of ‘work mode’ and into a more relaxed frame of mind, they’re much more likely to listen to your message.
- It’s very easy to get someone’s attention. Just walk up behind them and shout their name loudly! But that’s not the same as getting their interest. When you hire a mentalist as a form of corporate entertainment, you’re immediately sending out a message that something different is happening here – that this is a different type of exhibitor. And in doing so, you’ve automatically piqued their interest. This is where the real results can be found, and where you can start the process of creating desire and action.
- Bear in mind that taking a stand at an exhibition or trade show is not cheap. So surely it follows that you’ll invest a little extra if it means that your original investment can be maximised to the hilt? By having the mystery and the intrigue of a mentalist on your stand, you can drastically increase the number of people who drop by – and the number of them that you can change into actual live prospects.
- No matter how much advertising or promotion you may do, nothing beats the impact of face-to-face contact. By having a mentalist on hand, you get people talking to you – and with it comes the opportunity to bring the conversation around to where you want it to be.
- Bear in mind that a mentalist will be very much at home holding court among a dozen people or more. This means that while he may be performing to a single visitor, he may have an audience that gathers around to see what’s going on. So any remarks he makes about the product or service you’re selling will have a built-in audience.
- Depending on how busy the trade show is – and how many people are visiting your stand – you can tailor the magic performance accordingly. It can be anything from ten minutes down to a single minute.
- People are much more likely to take information on board if they’re being entertained at the same time. Once they’re actively engaged with you, their defences are down and they’re open to any messages you might be pushing. It turns cold prospects into warm ones, and leaves them much more receptive to a follow-up call later in the week.
- Remember that you can create a ‘tag team’ of mentalist and salesman. So while the mentalist is doing his thing, there can be some timely interjections by the salesman, making sure that you’re getting your core messages across in a telling manner.
When you take all these factors into consideration, you can easily see that hiring a mentalist can be a guaranteed way to make your trade stand the one that is most visited – and best remembered.
And all for a fraction of the budget that you’ve already shelled out for the space and the creation of your stand!
- How long before we can do this again? - November 2, 2020
- How one of the most famous and difficult tricks of all time is now part of my virtual act. - October 5, 2020
- Why you shouldn’t fear the hospitality sector right now. - September 16, 2020